Skip to content
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruise the stem
- 5 pcs lime leaves
- 1 turmeric leaf, tie a knot
- 3 assam tamarinds (remove seeds)
- 150ml water (adjust accordingly)
- 200ml Kara UHT Coconut Cream
- Baby potatoes
- 5 tablespoons kerisik (toasted grated coconut)
- Palm sugar (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- A few whole red chili padi
For spice paste
- 8 big red chili
- 2 small red chili
- 10 shallots
- 5 garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 slices ginger
- 5 slices galangal
- 5 candlenuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Prepare spice paste: In a high-speed food processor, blend the spices into paste.
- Heat frying pan with some cooking oil, sauté blended spices until fragrant & fully cooked.
- Add in chicken, lemongrass, lime leaves, turmeric leaf and assam. Stir chicken to combine.
- Add in water and Kara UHT Coconut Cream.
- Bring to boil and lower heat to simmer until chicken are starting to get tender.
- Add in potatoes, kerisik, palm sugar & salt. Continue to cook until potatoes & chicken are tender, and gravy are thickened.
- Add in whole red chili padi, let it cook for a while.
- Ready to be served.